Streamlining the Correlation Processes
Correlation between CAE and tests results is very strategic activity. It boosts the confidence in the development of the product.
Altair’s Virtual Gauge Director (VGD) is a combination of customized software and services that enable engineers to extract the results
at the exact position of the strain gauge as in the test lab, interpolate the results at an identified CAE location, compute results in
the local coordinate system of the gauge, and give a correlation index confidence. The Director can also be used to interpolate stress
or strain values at any placement in the model.
The solution contains a series of easy to use panels that allow the engineer to automatically identify gauge locations, review and interpolate CAE results, highlight issues and correlate to physical test data.
"The Virtual Gauge Director allows engineers to automatically identify gauge locations, review and interpolate CAE results, highlight issues and correlate to physical test data”
- Standardizes, simplifies and automates the gauge correlation process
- Results extraction at the exact position of the gauge as in the test lab
- Automatic results interpolation in CAE model
- Multi-gauges post processing to ensure correlation on the whole model
- Seamlessly integrated in the HyperWorks environment
Ideal for Organizations that:
- Have to process strain gauge results from labs to validate CAE simulation modeling and results.